Natural sciences and engineering research council, also known as NSERC, postdoctoral fellowship 2022 -2023 are open now. The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada is the major federal agency responsible for funding natural sciences and engineering research in Canada. NSERC directly funds university professors and students as well as Canadian companies to perform research and training.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program provides support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers. The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians with leading-edge scientific and research skills for Canadian industry, government and academic institutions. NSERC encourages PDF award holders to broaden their research experience by gaining exposure to different research environments. You can look for more scholarships in canada
Details About Study in NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
- Country: Canada
- Scholarship Value: $45,000 per year for two years.
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: October 17 2022
Eligibility Criteria of NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
To be considered eligible for support, as of the application deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- You can submit a maximum of one scholarship (master’s or doctoral) or fellowship application per academic year to either NSERC, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) or the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). Applications to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program do not count toward this limit (other exceptions may apply to CIHR internships).
- You must not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before September 1 of the year in which you apply.
Where would Nserc scholarship be held?
- Canadian academic institutions
- provincial research institutions in Canada
- other appropriate research laboratories in Canada
- research institutions abroad
You cannot hold a PDF in Canadian federal government laboratories or in industrial laboratories in Canada.
NSERC encourages you to undertake research that involves collaboration with other Canadian organizations. The nature of the proposed collaboration must be acceptable to the host institution.
You can apply for a PDF by completing and submitting form 201, attaching supporting documents if necessary. It is imperative that you read the Instructions for completing an application – form 201 for more information before completing and submitting your application.
NSERC must receive your application electronically before 8:00 p.m. (ET) on October 17. If the deadline falls on a weekend, your application must be submitted the following business day before 8:00 p.m. (ET). Incomplete applications will be rejected. With the exception of personal contact information, NSERC will not accept any changes or updates to your application after it has been submitted. Personal contact information may be updated by sending an email to email@example.com.
Notification of results
NSERC will notify you of the results by February 28. NSERC will not provide results by telephone.
NSERC will publish the names (and other basic award information) of fellowship recipients on its website.
To apply in NSERC postdoctoral fellowship 2022
For more opportunities and Scholarships in Canada, you can Join our Telegram Channel