The University of Calgary entrance scholarships is a prestigious award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments of an international student beginning their undergraduate studies at the University in the Fall term. The criteria for the Scholarship includes not only academic excellence but also accomplishments outside the classroom.
It is an internal scholarship offered by the university to students who excel in studies then other students. The University of Calgary is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University of Calgary started in 1944 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, founded in 1908, prior to being instituted into a separate, autonomous university in 1966. For more scholarships in Canada you can visit on this link here.
The University of Calgary Entrance Scholarships 2023:
- Host Institution(s): University of Calgary
- Level/Field(s) of study: Bachelors degree in any subject
- Deadline: 1 Dec/1 Mar (Annual)
- Study in: Canada (Course starts Fall 2023)
- Target group: International students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Number of awards: 2
- Award value: $20,000 (Renewable)
The university of Calgary entrance scholarships is $15,000, renewable annually in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms. The total amount over 4 years of undergraduate program is $60,000.
Applicants must be international students who are registered full-time in an undergraduate degree program that commences in the Fall term. They have to be new students. To be considered for a scholarship, a student must normally present a minimum GPA of 3.20. They must also have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
- Academic merit.
You can apply for awards as soon as you apply for admission. The application deadline for Fall 2022 admission is 1 December 2022 (early admission) and 1 March 2023 (standard admission).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. The official link is here of the university’s website.
For more opportunities and Scholarships in Canada, you can Join our Telegram Channel