The UK Commonwealth Scholarship scheme is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and offers scholarships to students from eligible Commonwealth countries to study for a Master’s or PhD degree at a UK university. Commonwealth Scholarship 2024 is a fully funded scholarship opportunity; which means Tuition fees, Living allowance, Return airfare, Visa application costs, Arrival allowance and Study grant, in UK for masters and phd students.
The scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence and who have the potential to make a significant contribution to their home country’s development.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2024-25 in UK (Masters, PhD)
- Host Country: UK
- Scholarship Name: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
- Degree: For Master, and PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline for Commonwealth Masters Scholarship: 17 October 2023.
To be Eligible for a UK Commonwealth Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) if you are applying for a PhD scholarship
- Be able to demonstrate that you would not be able to afford to study in the UK without the scholarship
- Meet the specific eligibility criteria for the scholarship you are applying for.
Benefits of the UK Commonwealth Scholarship:
The UK Commonwealth Scholarship offers a number of benefits to scholars, including:
- Tuition fees.
- Living allowance.
- Return airfare.
- Visa application costs.
- Arrival allowance.
- Study grant.
- The opportunity to study at a world-renowned UK university.
- Access to high-quality education and research facilities.
- The chance to develop new skills and knowledge.
- The opportunity to network with other scholars from around the Commonwealth.
- The potential to make a significant contribution to your home country’s development.
How to apply for the UK Commonwealth Scholarship
To apply for a UK Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first identify a suitable course of study at a UK university. You can then apply to the CSC for a scholarship. The CSC application process is competitive and you will need to submit a number of documents, including:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement
- Academic transcripts and references
- A research proposal (if applying for a PhD scholarship)
- A proposed study plan
- You will also need to sit for an interview with a CSC selection panel.
Tips for applying for the UK Commonwealth Scholarship
Here are some tips for applying for the UK Commonwealth Scholarship:
- Start planning your application early. The application process can be time-consuming, so it is important to give yourself plenty of time to prepare.
- Carefully select the course of study and university that you apply to. Make sure that the course is relevant to your career goals and that the university is well-respected in your field.
- Write a strong personal statement. This is your chance to tell the CSC about your academic achievements, your career goals, and why you are a good candidate for the scholarship.
- Ask for strong academic references. Your references should be able to speak to your academic abilities and your potential to succeed in your studies.
- Practice for your interview. The CSC interview is an important part of the application process. Be prepared to answer questions about your academic background, your research interests, and your career goals.
Official Website Link:
- To Apply for the Commonwealth Master Scholarship: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/
- To Apply for the Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-phd-scholarships-for-least-developed-countries-and-fragile-states/
Deadline of Commonwealth scholarship is 17th October 2023.