Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships by the Government of Canada is open for International students and Canadian resident students . The scholarship allows the following categories Fellowship, Post Doctorate level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Canada Universities. Duration of the fellowship is 2 years.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
Degree Level for Banting postdoctoral fellowship :
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships – Government of Canada is available to undertake Fellowship, Post Doctorate level programs at Canada Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Scholarship Benefits :
A taxable fellowship stipend of 70,000 CAD is awarded each year.
Eligible Nationalities for Banting postdoctoral fellowship :
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Applicants should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships selection committees are multidisciplinary, and applications should therefore be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
Steps for applying
steps to follow for applying in this scholarship are as below;
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor
- Register for ResearchNet and Canadian Common CV (CCV) accounts
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application
- Start a ResearchNet application
- Identify area of research
- Identify participants
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Preview application materials
- Consent and submit application
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards
for detailed applying instructions you can click here.
Deadline for Banting postdoctoral fellowship
Anticipated 2022-2023 competition launch: end of April 2022.