Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2023 that is offered by the Government of Canada is open for International students and Canadian resident students. Banting Postdoctoral scholarship allows the following categories Fellowship, Post Doctorate level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Canadian Universities. Duration of the fellowship is 2 years.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships | Canada 2023
- Degree Level for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023: Post Doctorate level programs at Canada Universities.
- Country: Canada
- Available Subjects For Scholarship: All Subjects
- Scholarship Benefits : A taxable fellowship stipend of 70,000 CAD is awarded each year.
- Eligible Nationalities for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship : All Nationalities can apply
- Areas of Research: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering, Social sciences and/or humanities.
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Applicants should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships selection committees are multidisciplinary, and applications should therefore be written with a non-specialist research audience in mind.
Steps for Application:
Steps to follow for applying in this scholarship are mentioned below;
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor
- Register for ResearchNet and Canadian Common CV (CCV) accounts
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application
- Start a ResearchNet application
- Identify area of research
- Identify participants
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Preview application materials
- Consent and submit application
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards
For detailed application instructions you can visit here.